Wednesday, October 14, 2009

thankful

wow - Luke is 19 months today!! he's growing up so fast!! I could go on and on about his awesome accomplishments, his amazingly vast vocabulary, and his radical musical ability (especially on the harmonica) -- but instead, a quote from tonight's bathtime:
from Greg to Luke "No dancing in the tub"

our bathroom has a shower and a bathtub separate and I was taking a shower while Greg was watching Luke in his bath and apparently he decided to stand up and do a little jig :) gotta love him and his constant music soundtrack running through his head! luckily he really enjoys bathtime, as well as pretty much everything else, except getting his face washed and having to come in after playing outside.

in other news, we are around 17 weeks along with baby #2 and he or she is definitely a mover and shaker already - I LOVE feeling the baby move in my belly and Luke is so cute - running up (and of course pulling up my shirt) to say his own version of "hi baby, this is your brother!!"
we've got a doctor's appointment next week and the "big" ultrasound pretty soon as well, so updates will be coming - as well as pictures - as soon as I can get them from Greg (yes, I still have no idea how to make them magically jump from the digital camera to my computer.)

its so crazy how life is reduced to weeks (baby #2 is about 17 weeks) and months (Luke is 19 months) even when our life is so fast-paced and busy - it just makes me appreciate all the precious moments that the Lord has given me in my growing little family!! Luckily I have an outstanding husband who makes time to sit with us for breakfast and dinner and bathtime and playtime in between ... yes, i might be a bit behind in my dusting, but i can say that i spent quality time with my family today!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I hate dusting, just leave it. Family time takes the cake. Luke is such a cutie and it will be so fun for you to see him be a big brother. Glad you're doing well...feeling the baby move is the best!!!