Tuesday, November 6, 2007

flour & sugar


Just in case you were wondering... this is what I keep my flour in. Here my flour is, nice and happy, sitting on our island in the kitchen. I also have one for my sugar. Why? several reasons, the main ones being:
1. I bake and cook a lot - our bread/cookies/cake/everything is from scratch.
2. As discussed many times before - we live a looong way away from any grocery store, so I need to be stocked up all the time.
3. You never know when your dear husband might NEED some chocolate chip cookies.
4. Its cheaper to buy in bulk most of the time.
5. The big, clear containers make it so I always know how much I have left and they are completely sealed to keep out any creatures that may want to find their way into bags of flour or sugar.
** My dear husband did the research on the best containers and these were the winners!! I really appreciate his diligence! :)
Just yesterday my supplies were being used up making brownies, lemon bars, and pumpkin cookies for our office pot luck today.
ALSO: if you are new to reading our little blog - make sure to scroll to the bottom and on the right side, click Older Posts to see more of our adventures!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hey, I've been looking for something like that for my flour and sugar. Where did you get them?!